Thursday, November 15, 2007

What Makes a Great AmSpirit Business Connections Chapter?

With so many chapters in AmSpirit Business Connections, and the fact that each chapter has rosters large, small, and in between it can sometimes be difficult to exactly determine why some chapters flourish and others tread water.

I'd like to spark some healthy debate on this forum. This is your chance to 'tell it like it is', but be professional. I'm not going to post comments if I deem them to be inappropriate. As an Area Director, I am helping 8 chapters throughout the year as a mentor and 'coach' of sorts. I see common traits in chapters that succeed and those that do not. However, it is so much more powerful for individual members to see those traits.

I'd love to hear the perspectives of as many members as possible. The leadership of AmSpirit Business Connections meets regularly to discuss ways to improve the organization. I'd rather hear from the members what works for them and what they'd like to see improved upon. I'm afraid we rely too much on our own personal assumptions without hard evidence to back it up.

If you take a few moments to read any of my prior 'posts' to this blog, you'll read my thoughts on what it takes to be a productive member as well as a productive chapter. I look forward to reading what everyone has to say! If you'd like to leave a comment, just click on the 'comments' link next to my name at the bottom of this 'post'.

One last thought...Go Bucks! Beat Michigan!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

My "TGIF" Chapter is one of AmSpirit's great ones, but we can all do better.
#1) Apply the "One More" rule to your Amspirit activities...one more reach-out to invite a guest to visit your chapter...ask a client/customer one more question that might turn into a referral.
#2) GIVE...and keep on GIVING. As Keith Ferrazzi coaches in his NEVER EAT ALONE guide to networking..."Don't Keep Score!"...just GIVE and you will receive.
#3) Visit another chapter...visit the more established chapters and observe the dynamic. You'll see activity that will fit into your own chapter.
#4) I believe it was Dale Carnegie who first told us that we will receive more rewards by learning about another person for 2 months than we ever will receive by spending 2 years trying to get other people to learn about us.
-Jim Coe

Tom Anderson said...

Thanks, Jim. Great suggestions.